2011, Cantina Terlan Terlano Terlaner I Grande Cuvee, Rare White Blend, Sud Tirol, Trentino-Alto Adige, Italy, 14% Alc, CT93, JS97
|Article number:||2011 Terlaner, Grande Cuvee|
"The quest was for the perfect creation, one capable of expressing the authentic, innermost character of Cantina Terlano, for a wine that would embody our tradition of more than a hundred years and would combine the strengths of our very best varieties and vineyards. We have achieved that goal. The result is the Terlaner I Grande Cuvée."
Varieties: Blend of 85% Pinot Bianco, 10% Chardonnay and 5% Sauvignon
Age of the vines: Pinot Bianco: 40 years
Chardonnay: 30 years
Sauvignon: 30 years
Soil: sandy soil of subvolcanic and volcanic origins with metamorphic
Cru sites: Vorberg – Pinot Bianco, Kreuth – Chardonnay, Winkl - Sauvignon
Altitude: Vorberg (560 m), Kreuth (340 m), Winkl (306 m)
- Doc denomination: Alto Adige Terlano
- History of the variety: first vintage 2011
- Year: 2011
- Bottles produced: 2,850
- Yield: 35 hl/ha
- Quality line: Terlaner I Grande Cuvée
Pressing: gentle whole cluster pressing;
Clarification of the must: natural sedimentation;
Fermentation and maturation: slow fermantation in big oak casks (30 hl); malolactic fermentation and ageing on the lees for 12 months in big wooden barrels;
Blending: composition of the Grand Cuvée in February 2013.
- Country: Alto Adige Terlaner Classico DOC
- Provenance: Alto Adige
- Altitude: 250 - 900 m a. s. l.
- Slope: 5 - 70 %
- Orientation: South - Southwest
- Color: brilliant straw yellow
- Smell: rich and complex on the nose; multifaceted aromas of citrus fruit, white pepper and herbs as well as a delicate smoky note
- Taste: The wine’s elegance and perfect balance are the product of its remarkable structure and subtle texture, which give the wine its unmistakable character. It’s extremely long finish is more than pleasant; it leaves its mark in memory as the supreme expression of a mineral terroir that is unique in the world.