Barely Buzzed, Beehive Cheese, Espresso and Lavender, apx 4oz
|Article number:||Barely Buzzed, Espresso and Lavender, Beehive Cheese|
Unique espresso and lavender hand-rubbed cheese with subtle notes of butterscotch and caramel. Made from the milk of Jersey cows; this is a full-bodied cheese with a smooth, creamy texture. Barely Buzzed is our most popular cheese and is considered by many to be a great American original.
- Bronze Award at the World Cheese Awards in 2012 & 2014
- 1st Place at the American Cheese Society competition in 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2015
- 3rd Place American Cheese Society competition in 2012
It’s all about the rub.
Colorado Legacy Fine Coffee's produces a Beehive Blend of South American, Central American, and Indonesian beans roasted in different styles exclusively for Barely Buzzed. It turns out the love for food and artisan craftsmanship runs in the family. The owner and roaster of Colorado Legacy Fine Coffee is the brother of cheesemaker Tim Welsh.
Our unique espresso blend is then mixed with French Superior lavender buds and freshly ground onsite. The mixture is diluted with oil to suspend the dry ingredients in the rub. Rubbing the cheese produces notes of butterscotch and caramel near the rind, which find their way to the center of the cheese.
Barely Buzzed is aged in our humidity controlled facility and then moved to two different temperatures during the aging process to develop texture and flavor.
- Medium and full-bodied wines, ports, bourbons, ales, stouts and ciders
- Toasted nuts, chocolate, fresh fruits or charcuterie